The CPP Education Blog has moved to http://www.cppblogcentral.com/category/education-blog/. You will be redirected to the new blog.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Greetings from a new blogger!


Bookmark and Share




I’d like to introduce myself as one of the newest bloggers to our Education Community site! My name is Karen Gonzalez and I began working for CPP in November of 2007 as the Marketing Coordinator. I have been dedicated to serving the needs of our customers who work in the fields of Education and Career Counseling, and I am also the editor of our quarterly CPP Career Insider. When I accepted the position at CPP, I had just graduated from college a few months before (May 2007) and I was very excited to share my experiences as a recent student with my coworkers.

My encounter with CPP’s products began while I was in college. During the course of my college career, I switched majors three times. I spent more time worrying about which major to choose than I did thinking about the future. It wasn’t until my last semester in college that I began to panic about what I was supposed to do after I graduated. I had already chosen a major I liked, but I was uncertain, and I also was not sure where that major was supposed to take me. I was intimidated to visit my career center because I was already a senior and knew I should have visited earlier, but I never made the time for it. When I finally worked up the nerve to seek guidance, a career counselor who helped me suggested I take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) and Strong Interest Inventory® assessments. I had already been given both assessments a few years before, but I unfortunately hadn’t been given a proper interpretation. Therefore, I hadn’t found my results useful, so I dismissed the second opportunity to take them.

Shortly after joining CPP, I became certified in both the MBTI and Strong Interest Inventory assessments. I now realize the tremendous value these hold and recognize the importance of a proper interpretation. Had this been the case in my experience, I would have been much more confident in the major that I chose. It was much more stressful than it needed to be with all the endless career choices I was presented with. Being an ENFJ, my Intuition made it a bit difficult to narrow down which career path I wanted to take. Luckily, I ended up loving the one I did finally choose, and here I am now!

We will be introducing our new online Counseling and Guidance Spring/Summer Catalog soon. We have made a few exciting changes so make sure to come back to check it out! The rest of the Education Team and I look forward to connecting with you, so look for our blogs! If you have any questions or suggestions about any topics you’d like to see, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment