The CPP Education Blog has moved to http://www.cppblogcentral.com/category/education-blog/. You will be redirected to the new blog.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ever tried using Step II with students reporting slight results?

Bookmark and Share


Written by Catherine Rains
So you’ve established mindset using the suggestion from my last blog entry on taking the MBTI® assessment from a “perfect world” perspective. Yet your student still gets a slight result.  Now what?
I have a couple suggestions.  First, my favorite strategy:  Instead of having them take Form M, have them take Form Q in the first place, which allows you to get both Form M and Form Q reports. When you see one or more slight results on a student’s report, run a second report that shows their facets within each preference.  Called the MBTI® Step II™ Profile – Form Q (I will refer to it as Step II here), this report clearly illustrates a student’s individuality within their type by breaking down the four preference pairs into 5 additional components of each pair, for a total of 20. For instance, I am an ENFP, but I’m unique for my type because I am also early starting and methodical in my approach to being a P, which has always given me a slight score for this pair.  When I saw this after taking the Step II, it made me realize that I am indeed a P, but I express P in a unique way that behaviorally can look like a J.  Step II is also excellent for students who don’t want to be “boxed in” to a single type, or for older students that have already taken Form M and feel the MBTI is therefore an “old hat”.  The Step II takes the MBTI assessment to a whole new level and provides a very in-depth look at a student’s personality, helping them to buy into their results, and very often verify a preference pair that has a slight result. To take peak at this report, follow this link

Next week, tune in for my second most favorite way to help a student verify type.

No comments:

Post a Comment